Teachers are set to strike across the country tomorrow in what will be the union’s first national day of industrial action since 2014.
Members of the the NUT (National Union of Teachers) voted in favour of action in order to address school funding and to resume negotiations on teacher contracts.
In the NUT’s ballot, 91.7 per cent voted in favour of strike action, with a 24.5 per cent turnout.
The following East Durham schools will be affected:
- Acre Rigg Infant School
- Barnard Grove Primary School
- Brougham Primary School
- Deaf Hill Primary School
- Dene House Primary School (classes RecK, Y3/4D, Y5F & Y5/6L)
- Eldon Grove Academy
- Fishburn Primary School
- Greatham CofE Primary School
- Kingsley Primary School
- Our Lady of the Rosary RCVA Primary School
- Rift House Primary School
- Seascape Primary School
- Seaview Primary
- Shotton Primary School
- Trimdon Junior School
- Trimdon Village Community Infant School