Residents in Horden are being encouraged to recognise young people who have done something outstanding in their community.
The Horden Parish Council Chairman Youth Awards are open with a number of honours being given out to people under the age of 20.
The aim is to celebrate the positive contribution young people make in the community, whether it is fundraising, caring for relatives, sporting or academic achievements or showing courage and resolve in difficult circumstances.
So if you know someone who should be celebrated then send your nomination to Horden Parish Council.
The categories include:
- Inspirational Volunteer (sponsored by Mr Ron Hogg, Durham Police, Crime and Victims’ Commissioner).
- Sports Achievement (sponsored by the Dale Roberts Community Fund).
- Overcoming Adversity (sponsored by Profound Services Ltd).
- Music and the Arts (sponsored by Horden Group Business Centre and Wayside Taxis).
- Outstanding Personal Achievement (sponsored by Horden Hub House).
- School Champion (sponsored by Horden Colliery Residents Association and RnB Roofing).
Nominees for the award must be 20 years or under and live in Horden.
Isabel Roberts, Chairman of Horden Parish Council said, “Hopefully this will be a night of many, I have always thought that the youth have a lot to offer.
“I have been active with the youth in the community for over 30 years with my involvement of local football. Helping wherever I could supporting others that just need a little guidance is always rewarding not just for the young person but for yourself.
“Hosting this ceremony to celebrate our youth will make those who achieve and have tried their best feel valued and if it makes a difference then it’s a worthwhile cause.”
The closing date for all entrants is Friday, March 30.
Nominating is easy, simply fill in a nomination form which can be downloaded from our website http://horden.parish.durham.gov.uk/ collected in person from Horden Parish Council Offices at Horden Social Welfare Centre, Seventh Street, Horden, SR8 4LX or via email at email@example.com. An Award Ceremony will be held at Horden Welfare Centre Friday 27th April 2018.
For further information please contact Isabel Roberts at Horden Parish Council Office on 0191 5180823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org